Copyright © 2023 TOko Enterprises, LLC - All Rights Reserved.
Open 24/7 by email or phone! In-Store: Mon-Sat 10am – 5pm; Closed on Sundays in Jan/Feb 2023
Other times by chance or appointment.
101 West Marcy Street, Ste #2
Maku Textiles is India-based, founded and directed by designer, Santanu Das. He finished design education at the National Institute of Design in India, worked in New York, and returned to India to launch his “Slow Fashion” brand, MAKU. ” ‘Maku’ is a Bengali word that literally means the shuttle that we use in the handloom”, Santanu notes. His interest is largely in preserving indigo, “There are so many misconceptions about indigo and that’s one of the reasons why we picked it [as our main colour]. Indigo is hand-dyed and its shade cannot be replicated. You cannot make a recipe for it and it depends on many factors such as yield, climate, humidity, temperature and the bacteria. Its various aspects and external elements are what makes it so incredibly valuable. Today, if we cannot appreciate diversity, we will deliberately kill our enriching culture and the knowledge embedded in it.”
• The perfect intersection of romantic and “buttoned-up”.
• Dressy blouse of woven silk with jamdani elements, ruffles, peplum bottom
• Use of jamdani weave structure (fine, patterned weave unique to Bengal region of India)
• Long sleeves, button down front with ruffle design, ruffle collar
• S/M: 46″ around at the bust, 56″ around at the hips, 31″ long
Recommend dry clean.
We like to know our clients better to ensure a good fit between the item of interest and you. This inquiry form leads us to answer your questions, gather your credit card information and ship.