Copyright © 2021 TOko Enterprises, LLC - All Rights Reserved.
Open 24/7 by email or phone! In-Store: Mon-Sat 10am – 5pm | Closed Sun through Feb
Other times by chance or appointment.
101 West Marcy Street, Ste #2
Sri is a dealer in Brooklyn, specializing in antique Japanese folk textiles, operated by Stephen Szczepanek in 2001. We have arranged for the showcasing of pieces of Stephen’s for our indigo focus.
• Late 19th, or early 20th century
• Indigo-dyed cotton, hand-stitched resist-dyed hanten
• 32-1/2″ x 47″, laid flat
• Rich indigo color intact, hand-spun cotton
• This jacket is a matsuri gi, a garment worn to a Shinto shrine festival
• Cloth is drapey and soft, as the yarns are old and handspun, and handwoven
• Repairs and wear (stains) are evident
• Decorative, can be hung or mounted, or worn
We like to know our clients better to ensure a good fit between the item of interest and you. This inquiry form leads us to answer your questions, gather your credit card information and ship.