Copyright © 2021 TOko Enterprises, LLC - All Rights Reserved.
Open 24/7 by email or phone! In-Store: Mon-Sat 10am – 5pm; Closed on Sundays in Jan/Feb 2023
Other times by chance or appointment.
101 West Marcy Street, Ste #2
Sri is a dealer in Brooklyn, specializing in antique Japanese folk textiles, operated by Stephen Szczepanek in 2001. We have arranged for the showcasing of pieces of Stephen’s for our indigo focus.
• Early to mid 20th century
• Indigo-dyed cotton work gloves
• 57″ x 48″
• A Yukata is a casual, unlined kimono, used for summer
• Repeat pattern of bold graphic and abstractly rendered butterflies, seeming to be fluttering over the entire surface of the yukata
• Butterflies are often detailed in a way that exaggerates their delicacy and beauty in Japanese art
• Cotton fabric, likely handwoven
• There are some areas of use, around the neck
• Charming “mistakes” where some of the butterflies are left as outlines and not filled in
• Very appealing and collectible
• Decorative, can be hung or worn
We like to know our clients better to ensure a good fit between the item of interest and you. This inquiry form leads us to answer your questions, gather your credit card information and ship.